Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Going to the chapel

Saturday was the big family wedding as my sister, Cheryl, got married to my now bother-in-law, Steve. It was a great day, kicking off with the bridesmaids turning up at 9 in the morning to have hair, nails and make up done. I swiftly exitted to my brothers where we prepared ourselves for our role as ushers and photographers by sitting around and eating KFC.

The wedding ceremony was at a beautiful old church where the rain just about held off, followed by a bit of a dance, some food, far too much drink and the odd cigar at a nearby pub. Here are a few pre-release pics from the wonderful day...

Oi...get your mitts off my sister!




You wouldn't have thought this was possible when they turned up in pyjamas at nine in the morning...



Busy being ushers (I want that poster on the wall behind me!)...


Whilst I felt the role of usher was very easy on the day, the next day was a far tougher challenge, being woken up at 8am, feeling sick to the extent that I took a spare carrier bag "just in case" to the hotel where Cheryl and Steve were staying. Here we diligently plastered their car with crazy crap, mostly from the recycling bin.
And that was that, the rest of sunday was spent lazing and eating, which I have to say is a perfect way to spend a sunday!

No comments: