Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Hello from Malaysia!

Well, the wonders of technology means I am sending this from Kuala Lumpur airport. The journey has all gone wonderfully well so far really. Apart from being upgraded to first class it couldn't have been much better. Getting to Heathrow was a doddle, I managed to check in and clear security in 15 minutes. The highlight of the trip so far was finding myself in a row of 4 seats with just one other person. This at least made it a bit easier to sleep, though only in spurts of 15 minutes. Video on demand was something new to me on a flight too, though the movie choice still wasn't inspiring. So, barring any unexpected glitches on the next leg of the flight, Malaysia Airlines gets a big thumbs up. Of course, it's not all sunshine and lollipops...I have a cough and dry skin and dodgy airline stomach but what more can you expect?

Kuala Lumpur airport is a beauty. Architecturally it is impressive but it is just so quiet and relaxing. There's no hustle and bustle so I'm shortly gonna take one of the loungers and gaze out at the tropical hills in the distance. I can't see anything of KL the city though, even those big towers seem to be hidden somewhere.

So, just about 15 hours to go then...

No comments: