Friday, June 15, 2007

The sunshine of my life



God Bless the Queen for having two birthdays, one of which her Australian subjects use as an excuse for a public holiday. Convenient scheduling meant I was in Queensland for the break, up in the Sunshine Coast. Whilst frosts were appearing in Canberra and storms were battering the NSW Central Coast, Queensland was fining up just perfectly as I arrived…

I arrived at a surprisingly cool Brisbane airport where I had to wait almost an hour until my connecting shuttlebus, but once you hit the Queensland roads it feels like holidayville central. The Bruce Highway (yeah, Bruce) zooms you past signs of Steve Irwin and Australia Zoo, the tin sheds and dunnies of Australia World, and the promise of hundreds of kilometres to the tropics beyond. My mind cannot stop me daydreaming about taking that road further one day.

Back in the present the bus arrived in Noosa, my home for the next couple of days, and scene of many a sunset (three nights’ worth taking up a lot of space on my memory card!). Here we are on the main beach on the first night.

No comments: