Thursday, June 14, 2007

Today it was time to hit Noosa Headlands National Park, armed with BBQ leftovers for sustenance, taking the coastal track around the perimeter. The route took me past several golden bays, peppered with palm and fig trees lapped by turquoise waters.



The track eventually reached the headland and turned south onto the sweep of Alexandria Bay. Now, I sat here for a bit and thought about eating my lunch. Something wasn’t quite right though and I was put off my food somewhat by a number of wrinkled buttocks flapping about in the distance. To my left a couple appeared from the dunes warts and all and somehow my leftover BBQ sausage lost its appeal!

I headed off the beach and further south towards the family town of Sunshine where people keep their clothes on. The headland here was pretty rugged, with waves sweeping into narrow coves.














This was a much nicer spot to eat lunch, with a laid back surf vibe, blessed with temperatures of 23C in winter.



From Sunshine Beach I caught a bus back to Noosa where I was in time for, guess what, another sunset! To mix it up a little I took in the sunset overlooking the Noosa River.




It was such a fine way to end a fine day yet again, and by now I was truly aligned to that easy going, sunny Queensland vibe. Good job there’s still that gap between Noosa and Cairns to take in.

No comments: