Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Where's the sunshine?

So after some 2116 kilometres destination Christmas 2007 had been reached. I was staying with Jason, a friend from work, and his mum, who fed me like any good mum would! Christmas, as it so often is, was a bit of a non-event to be honest, and disappointing cloudy days meant the beach action was limited.

On Christmas Day we headed down to Brisbane for a family meal, passing the distinctive Glasshouse Mountains on the way.



Life in Australia is all about new experiences and Christmas lunch was a first for me, being meat free, but it was pleasant sat beside a pool and tucking in to plenty of grub. If there was one thing I simply had to do, it was to go into the sea on Christmas Day. So here I am, Hasselhoff eat your heart out!



Boxing Day and I took a little drive along the coast, taking in the wild weather (which actually got worse after we left to move south). To overcome my lack of meat on Christmas Day we went to a BBQ in the afternoon where I more than amply stocked up on flesh and bones! This was followed by more food in the evening, fully stocked up in preparation for the drive back south the next day.

No comments: