Monday, August 14, 2006

...and what I did on Sunday

Usually if you were to wake up at 6am on a Sunday morning you’d be pretty disappointed. I was chuffed to bits! This was the first time I had not woken up at 3am and experienced something more like a normal nights sleep. In fact, it was before 9pm that I could keep my eyes open no longer and despite some partying in the apartment complex I slept pretty solidly through to 6. I think forcing myself not to have an afternoon kip yesterday was the key. Anyway, woke up to see a couple of these parrots on the tree outside my balcony.

I visited Kingston market which is a Sunday institution around here. It was, again, really pleasant. Just lots of stalls selling lots of nice crafty things, curios, antiques etc, but of most interest to me, food & drink. There was some great looking fresh bread, lots of sauces, antipasti, sweets, cakes, nuts, fruit & veg, beer and wine. For my part, I bought some apples, some gorgeous macademia nuts and a bottle of plonk from just up the road in Gundagai. I’ll be definitely making returns visits as there were a few things which caught my eye.

The "holiday" is over and work is set to begin...it's time to iron those shirts again (joy!)

No comments: