Monday, August 07, 2006

Can I berra it?

So, I have survived the BBQ with a side dish of home made lasagne, and am fit and raring to go. When I say fit, I mean I have that usual going away sore throat and headache which was so inevitable I couldn’t put a bet on it at Ladbrokes. The last few days were filled with some old favourites – a bit of Dartmoor, followed by a dash of the Devon coast, punctuated with the food stops.

It’s been quite muggy these last few days and it’ll almost be a relief to cool down in Canberra. First I have "the longest day" to get through. I shall leave Plymouth and return briefly to London before flying to Koala Lumper and then onto Sydney. The final leg shall take me by coach to Canberra, where it should be something like lunchtime Wednesday when I turn up all bright-eyed and bushy tailed. I am excited of course, but now I just want to click my fingers and suddenly be in Canberra.

Thank you to all my family and friends in the UK who may just happen to be reading this who have made the last two weeks or so a lot of fun. Of course I shall look to the future with a great deal of excitement but many of you have done so much to make me realise what I’ll also be missing out on. Please drop us a line once in a while (you know who you are!!!)

Good luck as the nights draw in and the mercury drops!
With love from the UK for now,
Neil

No comments: