Friday, August 04, 2006

devon diet

I think everyone wants to fatten me up so I have to pay "excess baggage" on my flight. It’s a tough dilemma because I want to be reasonably healthy for the journey, but am also seduced by that last home roast dinner, those fish n chips from Francines, and the numerous pasties and pork pies saying "Eat me, eat me, EAT ME!" Then you are visiting people offering tea and biscuits and more biscuits, with some cake on the side. Clotted cream is everywhere. I was on Plymouth Hoe yesterday and did all I could to resist Jon-Jon and Ruby’s raspberries, ice cream and Cornish clotted cream special only to end up with a big bowl of rhubarb crumble and clotted cream after my huge roast dinner in the evening. A cream tea is on the agenda and I will have to fit a pasty somewhere in my eating schedule. Plus there’s a BBQ planned for my last night (er, cos they won’t have them in Oz?!). My token effort is to eat fruit and natural yogurt in the morning along with a glass of smoothie (which is ounce for ounce more expensive than diamond encrusted gold nuggets). Start on a high and let it all go downhill from there. Need to get me some comfy pants for that flight…

No comments: