Sunday, November 19, 2006

S Y D N E Y

Friday 17th – Sunday 19th November 2006: Sydney

Soaking up the sun on the deck of the ferry to Manly in November was one of those pinch yourself to check you're not dreaming moments. Three years ago I daresay I almost (but not quite) got tired of Sydney. Crossing the Harbour Bridge became routine, walking in the fragrant Jacaranda tree lined streets was almost a chore. I even wasn’t that fussed about going back this year…there are other places on the list to see.

But fate (aka work) conspired to take me back to the glamour capital of the southern hemisphere and I loved every minute of it. There is something about Sydney which just makes you feel so alive and brings about pure unadulterated…well…happiness I think that feeling is! At the end of the day it’s just a collection of buildings and some water and some green bits. It’s got traffic and it rains, there’s graffiti and pollution. But the bits and pieces that make up Sydney seem to fit so well together to produce probably one of the most fun-loving, spirited and beautiful cities in the world.

I could tell you every detail of my weekend, from the many ice creams, the possum in the Botanic Gardens, and the consistent habit of just missing trains. But I thought I’d just let the pictures do the talking. Keep on reading because I think the best are saved to last.

No comments: