Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Melbo Monday

Monday offered some more time in Melbourne before I headed back home. I realised today was my two month anniversary in Australia and I’m starting to feel like I know what’s going on round here. I’ve just about figured out the coins so that there is less change these days in my wallet. I was even able to show someone how to validate their ticket on the number 16 tram from Kew to Melbourne University via St. Kilda (and I don’t even live in Melbourne…how bright am I?!)

So with a few strewths and a fair dinkum I walked to the end of St Kilda pier, with the view looking back across to the city.

Later on I checked out the Botanic Gardens in Melbourne, which are situated just south east of the city on the Yarra. This was just what I needed, slowly ambling around the gardens, chilling out with a coffee and muffin and admiring the different gardens. Some of the flowers were more than a match for Floriade.

Eventually the gardens led to the south bank of the Yarra, which offered a satisfying spring scene of kids playing footy, people chilling out eating lunch on the grass and views across to the city centre.


And then time ran out and Canberra called me. The short hop back was nice, flying over the ranges and lakes of the Great Dividing Range. Looking forward to hitting my own bed, just gotta post this blog…and…then…zzzzzzzz…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments: